Monday, August 9, 2010

Really?


Not to be overly dramatic or anything, but on the radio this afternoon I heard what is probably the most disturbing statement of the summer. “I would rather spend $50,000 on a wedding dress than a car” said some random chick who is clearly way too desperate to get married and has her priorities in all the wrong places. Now, I realize this begs the question as to what the hell I was listening to (CBC radio, obviously – what else do I listen to??), but it really should beg a different question – what is WRONG with these people??










Seriously? What the F*CK am I going to do with this?? That thing wouldn't last ten seconds at 120 km/hr - my van is worth 1% of the price and is 100x more useful.


A quick list of things you will probably do with a $50,000 wedding dress:

- Wear it once

- Look at it

- Stick it in your closet

- Tell your friends and family you bought a $50,000 wedding dress, and then be mercilessly torn to shreds because your wedding didn’t have an open bar

A quick list of $50,000 cars which are way better than the abovementioned dress:

- Ford Mustang, no, I’m just kidding, if you’re going to buy one of these, just get the dress instead

- BMW 135i

- Infiniti G37

- Lotus Elise

- Volkswagen Golf GTI

- Porsche Boxter

- and yes, even a Honda Fit

That is just a very quickly brainstormed list – I could find dozens. If you have more to add, please do so! Now, for those of you still thinking about buying the dress, call me, and I will dispose of your $50,000 more wisely.






That looks pretty wise to me...

2 comments:

  1. I personally feel you would look better in that fancy dress than any of those vehicles, no matter how cool they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many things I can't say about this topic.

    ReplyDelete